Thursday, 15 December 2011

I Made That - Echino Quilt

When thinking about new babies (others, not mine), I wanted to give them something homemade, as I'd been inspired by my Lotta Jansdotter book. Or I'm guilty because M is 14 months and I still haven't made anything for him. Whatever.

Anyway, one of the gifts we appreciated most for M when he came along were two beautiful quilts made by his Grandma. Many months of lolling around were made far more comfortable, and now he moves we use them as cotton blankets on the carpet to stop him getting covered in fluff when I'm trying to apply creams after his bath (trying being the operative word, he's slippy, and moves fast).

So I collected a bunch of offcuts from Echino Furuya's designs, and made this quilt. Which I'm quite pleased with.


I'm a bit of a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of girl, so I followed my Jansdotter pattern so far, and made up the rest to suit me. It's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy. Frankly the brilliant fabric covers a multitude of sins. It is made from Echino Furuya's Grassy Plain in pink, and Bird Song in pink and green. I forgot to take a picture of the back which was made from Echino Glasses in pink:


I think a little girl might just like this quilt enough to keep it until she's a big girl.






No comments:

Post a Comment