Monday, 20 February 2012

St Judes

I've been meaning to write about St Judes for a while, as they've got some beautiful designs which are really unique and totally recognisable. I've just seen that they've got a new range for sofa.com, so I had to get on here and tell you about them right now.

Founded by Simon & Angie Lewin, the company works from two studios – one in Norfolk, England (how I discovered them - I have family connections up there and used to wander longingly past their window); the other in Morayshire, Scotland.

The Lewins began St Judes printing just two of Angies designs onto fabric.  They had looked externally and found that other fabric companies just didn't seem to give much credit, or control to their designers (surely the most important cog in the wheel??). Now the company is thriving, and they are able to work with a number of artists, makers and printers they admire, producing a core range of textile products, and  taking on a small number of bespoke commissions and projects.

As I said, they've just started a collaboration with sofa.com in their design lab, and I have to say, I'm totally excited to see these designs on a large furniture scale.


Snowdrop Loveseat in Doveflight by Mark Herald at sofa.com


Commander wingback in Hedgerow (green) by Angie Lewin at sofa.com


Kilkenny armchair in Bird Garden by Mark Hearld at sofa.com

Angie Lewin, clockwise from top left: Nature Table, Seed Heads, Dandelion Two, Dandelion One




all images sourced from St Judes or Sofa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment